Sunday, November 2, 2008

Simple food and a lovely weekend

I've been cooking a lot lately.  Alice Waters has inspired me. Her take on cooking is classic, yet innovative at the same time. It's refreshing when you find an author who's ideas align with your own. I thought I would share her cooking principles with you, hopefully you will be inspired as well.
  • Eat Locally & Sustainably
  • Eat Seasonally
  • Shop at Farmer's Markets
  • Plant a Garden
  • Conserve, Compost & Recycle
  • Cook Simply, Engaging all your Senses
  • Cook Together*
  • Eat Together*
  • Remember Food is Precious

Inspired by her book I have started to get back into the kitchen, making simple, fresh dishes utilizing our delicious CSA. Jeff is enjoying it. This is when I wish that I had a good camera, the food I've been making has been beautiful and delicious. Here's a list of the meals we've been eating, I wish I had photos!
  • Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta with Fresh Herbs
  • White Bean & Tomato Soup with Toasted Pepitas
  • Potato and Leek Soup
  • Fresh Baked Bread
  • Creamy Arugula, Apple and Barley Salad
  • Lots of Roasted Vegetables
On Deck Recipes
  • Moroccan Carrot Salad with Ginger
  • Brussels Sprout & Apple Satay
  • Home Brew
  • Persimmon Cookies
  • Savory Horseradish Bread Pudding
I'll let you know how it turns out.

1 comment:

Christy T said...

Oh goodness... that all sounds delish! Especially the squash pasta!

Thanks for the fun Friday night, we had a great time! I don't think I need anything for Tuesday night, but I'll let you know if I think of something!