Tuesday, July 29, 2008

House Before:

As many of you know, Jeff and I are in the process of restoring an old house. It was built in 1946, so it has lots of character and lots that needs to be fixed. In our first month here we have painted 1 room, started stripping off the paint from the fireplace, completely ripped out all the "volunteer" plants that were in the front and back yard, replaced the sprinklers and have started designing the landscape. It has been a long month but we're going strong. Our goal for the year is to have the exterior done: new paint (we're thinking green?), and new landscaping. Here are a few pictures of the house now and a few pics from Phil's bible study birthday celebration. 

3 comments:

Christy T said...

We had soooo much fun last night! Yeah! You would laugh at me because today I was at Trader Joe's picking up a few things and decided to grab a bottle of that yummy wine from dinner. Of course I'm looking and looking and don't see it, so one of the guys asks if he can help me find something. I say, "I'm going to sound very wine dumb, but it's a white wine and I think it's from California but it has a Germenish name." Of course he knew exactly what I was talking about :)

Anyways, can't wait for our trip to India soon!

FongHistory said...

that house is looking great. keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

Sister...we need some AFTER shots! I'm SO excited to see what it looks like!!

As a teaser.. maybe just one of the painted bedroom.

Wink...