Monday, July 7, 2008

Sloppy Phils Tonight


We had two of the most lovely people to dinner tonight, Phil and Des (excellent adventures). They are two of the most interesting and wonderful people we have come across in a long time. Phil is a vegetarian and Jeff and I are not big meat eaters anyway so I made a delicious concoction out of ingredients that I had in the fridge. I call them "Sloppy Phils", a vegetarian take on sloppy joes. Instead of ground meat I used firm tofu and added spices and dice tomatoes. I served them on left over hamburger buns from the 4th of July, that I toasted with garlic butter. Then I topped them with grilled onions. They were quite divine. I keep forgetting that I have a camera or I would have taken a picture of them, dang. Eating like this makes me forget that it's 106 out. 

1 comment:

Christy T said...

I'm not much of a fan of sloppy joes, but those sound pretty good! I'm a tofu lover, kinda crazy, but true. Love it in stir fry! I'm gonna get your number from the bro so I can call and we can set up a dinner date soon! You and hubby have a good time on vacay, you deserve a little relaxing :)